Shopping for a home and embarking into the housing market can be a cumbersome and emotional task, especially for first time home buyers. Same goes for when it’s time to sell and perhaps you’ve lost touch with the agent that sold you your current home. When beginning your search, it’s good to have a trusted professional at your side to guide you through the process. But how do you go about qualifying that person?
Here are a few questions you should ask your agent BEFORE you decide on who you work with:
- How much experience does your agent have in the area you wish to buy or sell?
- Your home is a huge investment and you want to make sure that the person you work with has the knowledge and experience that suits your needs
- How long has the agent been in the business? How many homes have they sold in the last 5 years?
- This response should give you an idea of their proven success and recent track record. It’s not necessarily about how much they have sold or all the awards or accolades they have accomplished, it’s more about do they know how to do their job in the market you are currently active in.
- How does your agent plan on marketing your home?
- Social Media, photography, drones…. these are all buzz words for most buyers and sellers, but does your agent know how to effectively use them to draw the most attention to your home?
- Does your agent have ideas that will help your home stand out among the competition?
- What can your realtor do that’s different that will help get the most amount of money for your home in the least amount of time on the market?
- Do you have a personal connection to your agent?
- This is most important because if you don’t come out of the gate and automatically vibe with your realtor, it just sets up for a rocky road